Last updated: June 10th 2018
Who Are We?
RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd is a specialist executive search and coaching consultancy, based in London and operating internationally.
We focus on the in house legal sector and offer bespoke legal search and recruitment solutions; personal development and business and executive coaching services to complement and enhance individual and organisational performance.
Our clients include qualified lawyers, business professionals, corporates and individuals. We work with public, private, and non-profit organizations across multiple industries and regions. We work on retained search, advertised, contingency assignments and consultancy and coaching projects.
Key Terms of Business
In this Notice, the following terms have the meanings set forth below:
‘’Client’’ means any of our clients and their employees who are looking to engage RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd to provide search, recruitment, coaching or consultancy support or to assess legal professionals and to whom RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd provide the Service.
“Candidate” means any candidate, applicant, prospect, coachee (individual) or Client employee who is considered, evaluated, receives coaching support or is assessed by RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd in connection with the Services.
“Referee” means any individual who provides employment or personal references for a particular Candidate.
“Source” means any individual who recommends, refers or helps to identify and provide market intelligence about a potential Candidate.
“Vendor” means any entity, other than RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd, that provides products or services to RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd pursuant to a contract with RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd.
“Services” means activities undertaken by RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd in connection with our search, recruitment, consultancy and coaching activities whether we are in the process of recruiting you as a Candidate for a role with a Client, assessing you as an employee of a Client, identifying exceptional Candidates for you as a Client, providing coaching services to you on an individual basis or engaged by the Client to provide coaching services or retaining you as a Vendor, or engaging with you as a Source or Referee in relation to one of our Candidates and
When you visit our website https://www.rachaelnorth.com/ in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our events and marketing activities.
DATA COLLECTED VIA SERVICES
This Section applies to data that we collect and process about Candidates, Clients, Referees, Sources, and Vendors.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect data necessary to be able to find opportunities and further information needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of search or to provide individual and/or organisational guidance through coaching or consultancy services.
The data Candidates and Coaching Clients (i.e. organisations) provide to us is as follows:
If you are a Candidate, you may provide personal information to us directly, for example, this is the information you provide when searching for a new opportunity or during the different stages when you are engaged on a search, consultancy or coaching process. This includes when you submit your résumé either through our Website, email your résumé to an RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd Legal Search and Coach consultant, speak with an RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd consultant, or communicate with us in any way in connection with the Services. Further, as described below, we may obtain information about you from other Sources.
You are not obligated to provide RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd with any information or participate in any of the Services we offer. As such, we will consider any information we collect directly from you as having been provided voluntarily. If, however, you are unwilling to provide us with certain requested information, please understand that this may limit our ability to consider you in connection with the Services.
The information we may collect for all Candidates typically includes:
- Contact details: such as your name, private and/or corporate e-mail address, postal address, skype id and telephone number.
- Résumé information: such as your contact details, employment history, educational history, professional qualifications, referees, compensation as well as languages and other skills, declared interests and activities.
Additional information we may collect for all Candidates typically includes:
- Identification data: such as your right to work; national ID/passport number; compliance and other identity documentation and links to your professional profiles available in the public domain eg LinkedIn, Twitter, or corporate website.
- Lifestyle preferences and personality profile: such as community involvement and memberships, hobbies, social activities, and/or individual preferences, intellectual capacity, personality, behavior, executive competencies, and/or character traits.
- Where appropriate, and as part of our commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity and in accordance with local law, we may also collect information related to your health, diversity information (including racial or ethnic origin, religious or other similar beliefs, and physical and/or mental health, including disability-related information), and/or details of any criminal convictions. Said information is provided voluntarily and on an anonymous basis for statistical analysis.
- Financial information: to reimburse expenses incurred in connection with the Services (e.g., travel, lodging and/or meal costs when attending an interview with a Client), we may collect certain financial information needed to document the expense and to reimburse you (e.g., bank account number and/or credit card number).
- Data we collect from third parties sources about Candidates: We may collect any of the above personal information about you from publicly available sources, and third parties, including, under the following circumstances: (i) Sources and Referees may disclose personal information about you; (ii) our Clients may share personal information about you; (iii) we may obtain information about you from publicly available third party sources i.e. LinkedIn and other social media; corporate websites; news reports and press releases. When we obtain information about you from third party providers or vendors, we take appropriate steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us.
- Information Clients provide to us: We need to collect and use information about you or individuals at your organisation in the course of providing the Services to you. We generally only need to have your contact details or the details of individual contact(s) at your organisation (such as name, telephone number, email address, and job title) to ensure that our relationship runs smoothly.
- Information we collect from third party sources about Clients: Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may seek more information about you or your colleagues from other sources generally by way of due diligence or other market intelligence including: (i) from third party market research and by analysing online and offline media; (ii) from attendee lists at relevant events; and/or (iii) from other limited sources and third parties.
Information Referees provide to us: In securing a reference from you about one of our Candidates, we may process your contact details (such as name, email address, and telephone number). We may also process certain professional details (such as your job title, occupation, academic and professional qualifications, and employment history) and your connection to the Candidate (such your relationships to, experience with, and opinions about the relevant Candidate). We generally ask the Candidates to provide us with much of this information but we may supplement it with information we collect about you from publicly available sources (such as LinkedIn) or by asking you directly.
Information Sources provide to us: We may process your contact details (such as name, email address and telephone number), professional details, such as job title, occupation, academic and professional qualifications and employment history) and information about your connection to our Candidate (such as your relationship to, experience with and opinions about the relevant Candidate). We may collect this information directly from you and/or from publicly available sources (for example, LinkedIn).
Information Vendors provide to us: We need a small amount of information from our Vendors to ensure that things run smoothly. We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organization so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide (if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us).
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data so that we can provide our Services to you. Typically we use Candidate data to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us;
- provide you with Search, Consultancy and Coaching Activities to provide our Clients with the Services, including assessing Candidates’ suitability for roles with a Client; contacting you about executive search or coaching assignments conducted for Clients; sending your information to our Clients; and/or verifying the details you have provided (such as through telephone, skype and/or in person interviews or by requesting information from third parties (e.g. Referees).
- We may also use your personal information for other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, creating anonymised data sets for research, statistics and analytics purposes, creating knowledge pieces (such as white papers), determining the effectiveness of our Services, and/or to enhance, customise, and improve our features, products and services.
- Marketing Activities: to send you information (such as reports, promotions, research, white papers, events and general information about, for example, relevant industry sectors) that we think you may find interesting (in each case, in accordance with your marketing preferences).
- Equal Opportunity Monitoring: to ensure that our recruitment processes are aligned with our commitment to ensuring equal opportunities. Some of the data we may collect about you (in appropriate circumstances and in accordance with applicable local law) falls under the umbrella of “diversity information”. This could be information about your ethnic background, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or other similar beliefs, and/or social-economic background.
- Some of this information is considered ‘sensitive’ personal information and as such, slightly stricter data protection will apply. Where required by law, we will obtain your explicit consent before we use it.
- Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we will use this information to provide our Clients with diverse pools of qualified Candidates. We may also disclose this data (suitably anonymized where appropriate) to Clients where this is contractually required or the Client specifically requests such information to enable them to comply with their own employment processes or legal requirements – but again, only where in accordance with applicable local law.
- We may also collect other sensitive personal information about you, such as health-related information, religious affiliation, or details of any criminal convictions if this is appropriate in accordance with local law and is required for a role for which we are recruiting you. We will never do this without your explicit consent.
We typically use Client data for the following purposes:
- Search, Consultancy & Coaching Activities: to provide the Services to your organisation; to manage our relationship and account with you and your organization; and/or for our other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, creating anonymised data sets for research, statistics and analytics purposes, creating knowledge pieces (like white papers), determining the effectiveness of our Services, and/or to enhance, customize, and improve our features, products, and services.
- Marketing Activities: to send you information (such as reports, promotions, research, white papers, and event invitations) that we think you may find interesting (in each case, where this is in accordance with your marketing preferences).
We use Referee Data to obtain your opinion regarding Candidates in the course of providing the Services to our Clients. In addition, we may use your details to contact you in relation to any of our Services that we think may be of interest to you as a potential Client or Candidate.
We use Source Data to identify and gather information on potential Candidates in the course of providing the Services to our Clients. In addition, we may use your details to contact you in relation to any of our Services that we think may be of interest to you as a potential Client or Candidate.
We typically use Vendor Data: (i) to store (and update when necessary) your details in our database, so that we can contact you in relation to our agreements; (ii) to obtain support and services from you; (iii) to perform certain legal obligations; (iv) to help us target appropriate marketing campaigns; and (v) to help us establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Where Do We Collect Personal Data About You From?
The following are the different sources we may collect personal data about you from:
- From you directly. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different recruitment stages or when you engage RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd on a consultancy or coaching project. For example, by filling in candidate inquiry form on our website (www.rachaelnorth.com) or by communicating with us in person, by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions connected to RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd or contribute to a market or insights report, or interact with us at a conference, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Through relevant, publicly available sources, for example: Professional social media and networking sites (including LinkedIn; social media, news reports; press releases);
- Online curriculum vitae libraries;
- Corporate websites;
- By Recommendation, reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer or we may get a reference from your previous employer or a named referee included on your application form or curriculum vitae.
- Where we collect your information through publicly available sources as set out above, we may do this with the aid of software programmes. These programmes are given parameters on the requirements of a role and search through publicly available sources, where there is a reasonable expectation that such information may be collected and processed by recruiters, to find candidates for particular job roles.
DATA COLLECTED VIA OUR WEBSITE
This Section applies to personal data that we collect and process through our Website in the usual course of our business to provide you with our complete range of Services.
What Personal Information Do We Collect & How Do We Use That On Our Website?
Information you provide to us: Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. We typically use the personal information we collect through our Website in the usual course of our business for the following reasons: (i) to respond to a request that you sent us, such as a request for information about our Services; (ii) to administer, protect, and improve our Website and our Services; (iii) to better understand the preferences of our Website visitors; (iv) to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage; (v) to provide you with marketing and promotional communications (where this is in accordance with your marketing preferences); and/or (vi) for other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing, and enhancing, customising and improving our Websites, products and services.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology” below.
Using Our Website – Internet Based Transfers
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure or error free. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our websites may sometimes include or reference links to external websites operated by other organisations which may collect personal data about you when you visit them. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of any third-party website. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this Notice:
- Your information is maintained on RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd’s database, which is secure and accessible only to RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd employees.
- We may share your information with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory or government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation; to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights; or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- In the case of Candidates, Referees, and Sources, we may share your information with Clients who will need to process your information for the purposes we have described in this Notice.
- In the case of Candidates, we may share your information with third parties who we have retained to provide services such as verification checks, to the extent that these checks are appropriate and in accordance local laws.
- Similarly, for Candidates we may share your information with Sources and Referees with whom we liaise in connection with providing the Services to our Clients.
- For Sources and Referees, we endeavor to keep your information confidential from the Candidates you discuss with us, but under limited circumstances, your information may be disclosed to them.
- We may share your information with third party service providers (our Vendors) who perform functions on our behalf (including external consultants, business associates and professional advisers, such as lawyers, auditors, accountants, technical support providers, and third party travel agencies, outsourced IT and document storage providers).
- We may share your information with our marketing partners to send emails on our behalf.
- We may share information with any other person with your consent.
Please be assured that we do not sell your information to third parties or use the information for purposes that are incompatible with those set forth in this Notice.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all Clients and third parties to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Security And Storage Of Your Data
Safeguarding personal data and respecting the confidentiality of your information is of paramount importance to RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd.
All information you provide to us is stored securely and we take necessary steps, including putting in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. While we have technical and security measures in place to protect personal data under our control we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction will not occur. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and to help ensure that your data is safe, secure and only available to you and to those with authorised access.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. To find out more about how we safeguard your information as related to transfers please contact us on email@example.com
What Legal Basis Do We Have For Processing Your Personal Information?
If you are resident in the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, in connection with the Services, we typically rely on our legitimate interests to process personal information for our Search, Recruitment, Consulting & Coaching Activities and where permitted by law, certain marketing activities).
For candidates, clients and referees our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests. As a search and coaching recruitment business we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment placements or independent professional coaching arrangements. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is an integral part of this process in that we need the information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates, provide legitimate coaching services and to contact clients and referees. In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing and/or coaching needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements. To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
We carry out a ‘balancing test’ to ensure that our processing is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests, before we go ahead with such processing. We keep a record of these balancing tests. You have a right to and can find out more about the information in these balancing tests by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement or coaching agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on you to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations, such as disclosure to public authorities, regulators and investigations.
If you are interviewed and submitted as a candidate, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data including sensitive data such as health information that you or others provide about you. Such information may be required to perform/qualify for a certain function for which you want to apply based on national laws, which may provide the legal basis to process these data. In cases where there is no legal basis, we will ask for your express consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time (see below).
Your Data Protection Rights
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you and what happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data, as follows:
The right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
The right to data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing or if you no longer want to be contacted regarding search or coaching opportunities.
The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
The right to withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (if you do however, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw any consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will act on requests and provide information free of charge and generally within one month from when we receive your request.
For further information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com and contact your local data protection authority. We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with the Services or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
When determining the relevant retention periods we will take into account the following factors:
- Our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- Legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time.
- Our legitimate interest where we have carried out a balancing test
- Statute of limitations under applicable law (s)
- Potential disputes;
- If you have made a request to have your information deleted;
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
- Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
If you have any questions about how long we retain your personal information, you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Our Records Accurate and Up To Date
RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd regularly review the personal data it processes to ensure that it is up to date and accurate. Your cooperation in helping us to keep your personal data accurate by informing us of any change of name or change of address is an important part of this. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, you may do so at any time by notifying us in writing.
How Will We Contact You?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another, please just let us know.
How Can You Contact Us?
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, queries or request for information regarding the processing of your personal data or the practices described in this Notice.
RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd
20 – 22 Wenlock Road
Attention: RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd, Privacy Office.
Important Notice to EEA Residents
- If you are a visitor to our Website the controller of your personal information is RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd.
- If you are a Candidate, the controller of your personal information is RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd.
- If you are a Referee, Source, or Client, the controller of your personal information is RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd.
RN Legal Search & Coach Ltd. Registered Company Number: 10845030